Mulberry Bush Nursery - Bury Nursery Group

Our 'PYJAMAS & STORYTELLING' charity event raised an amazing 7,596.19 for 3 fantastic charities: The Good Life Orphanage, Cystic Fibrosis Trust and Home Start Bury.

mulberry bush nursery locations
mulberry bush parents comments
mulberry bush ofsted comments

Help with fees

Free places for three and four year olds

All three and four year olds are entitled to Early Years funded sessions through the Nursery Education Grant. Funding is available and generally starts in the term after your child’s 3rd birthday. This will mean a reduction in your monthly payments. Please speak to your nursery manager for more details. Further information can be obtained by contacting your Bury’s Children’s Information Service on 0161 253 6977.

Child Tax Credit

Child Tax Credit is money paid, by HM Revenue and Customs, to parents with children at home or other people responsible for bringing up children.  It does not matter whether you are working or not.  You can get Child Tax Credit if you are responsible for at least one child. You can claim Child Tax Credit as long as your gross income is not more than £40,000 a year. If you have a partner, you must make a joint claim and your partner's income will count towards the limit.

Child Tax Credit does not include any help with the costs of childcare. However, if you are working and you are on a low income, you may have the right to Working Tax Credit and this benefit does include some help with childcare costs.  In order to claim Child Tax Credit, contact the helpline on: 0845 300 3900.  This information is correct as at October 2011.

Working Tax Credit

Working Tax Credit is money paid by HM Revenue and Customs to working people who are on a low income. It does not matter whether you are working for someone else or are self-employed. You do not need to have children to qualify but if you do have children, you can get extra money to help with childcare costs.

The money you have coming in affects how much Working Tax Credit you get.  Working Tax Credit comes in the form of cash that is usually paid into your bank or building society account.  In order to claim Working Tax Credit, contact the Tax Credit helpline on: 0845 300 3900. This information is correct as at October 2011.

Help from employers

Employers may offer help with childcare by using childcare vouchers, which can give a huge saving on your tax and National Insurance contributions. Talk to your employer about the support that is available. If they are not currently registered with a voucher company, there are several voucher companies that we recommend.

Childcare Vouchers

Childcare vouchers can save up to around £1000 per year if both parents claim.

To make this saving your employer needs to be pay part of your salary to you by way of childcare vouchers which are redeemable against the cost of the childcare that you normally have to pay for. We work in partnership with several childcare voucher providers.

Put quite simply once your employer has agreed that you may take part of your salary in this way we will co-ordinate all of the necessary work, direct with your employer to ensure that you can take full advantage of these huge savings. The added benefit is that this can apply to any size of employer – in fact if you are running your own business you can still gain from this benefit.

The final benefit is that once your employer has set up a voucher scheme, they will also save money on the National Insurance contributions that they would otherwise have paid on your salary and hence all should be very happy.

© Copyright 2011. Mulberry Bush Nursery Group Limited.